We will explore the results of a backlink costs survey by Fatrank, a leading SEO agency that specializes in link building. We will also share some tips and best practices on how to get high-quality backlinks for your website without overspending.
Backlinks are one of the most important factors for ranking your website on search engines. They are like votes of confidence from other websites that tell Google and other search engines that your content is valuable, relevant, and trustworthy. But how much do backlinks cost, and how can you get them without breaking the bank?
What is a Backlink Costs Survey by Fatrank?
A backlink costs survey by Fatrank is a research project that aims to provide an accurate and transparent overview of the average costs of different types of backlinks in the SEO industry. The survey was conducted in 2020 and involved 315 SEO agencies, freelancers, and website owners from various countries and niches.
The survey asked participants to share their average costs for acquiring backlinks from different sources, such as guest posts, niche edits, PBNs, outreach, directories, press releases, and more. The survey also asked about the quality, quantity, and effectiveness of the backlinks they obtained.
The results of the backlink costs survey by Fatrank reveal some interesting insights and trends in the link-building market.
For example, the survey found that:
– The average cost of a backlink in 2020 was $361.44.
– The most expensive type of backlink was a guest post, with an average cost of $631.64.
– The cheapest type of backlink was a directory submission, with an average cost of $14.30.
– The most popular type of backlink was a niche edit, with 28.6% of respondents using it as their main link-building strategy.
– The most effective type of backlink was a guest post, with 34.9% of respondents reporting it as their best-performing link-building strategy.
Backlink Pricing Factors
According to Fatrank, several factors impact backlink pricing:
Higher DA sites naturally charge more for backlinks. DA signifies trust and authority. So sites with DA 50+ can charge $100 or more per link.
Competitive niches like health, finance, and law have higher backlink costs due to high demand. Niche relevance also plays a role.
High-traffic sites prefer excellent, relevant content before linking out. Well-researched, insightful guest posts or niche edits command higher prices.
Guest posts, niche edits, tiered links, and other link types have varying costs based on factors like domain authority.
Key Backlink Costs from the Survey
Fatrank’s survey provides insightful data on current backlink costs:
DA30 guest posts: Avg. $91 (increase from $30)
DA45 guest posts: Avg. $157 (increase from $50)
DA60 guest posts: Avg. $193 (increase from $80)
Avg cost: $82 (increase from $25)
Tier 2 Links
Avg cost: $47 (increase from $20)
Backlinks have seen a 241% price increase compared to 2021 rates
This shows that the costs for quality backlinks continue to rise driven by demand.
Why are Backlinks Important for SEO?
Backlinks are important for SEO because they signal to search engines that your website is authoritative, relevant, and trustworthy. Search engines use backlinks as one of the main factors to determine the ranking and visibility of your website on their results pages.
Backlinks can help your website rank higher for your target keywords, drive more organic traffic to your website, increase your brand awareness and credibility, and generate more leads and sales for your business.
However, not all backlinks are created equal. Some backlinks can have a positive impact on your SEO performance, while others can have a negative or neutral impact. The quality and relevance of your backlinks are more important than the quantity.
How to Get High-Quality Backlinks for Your Website?
Getting high-quality backlinks for your website can be challenging, especially if you are in a competitive niche or have a limited budget. However, there are some effective and affordable ways to get high-quality backlinks for your website without spending too much time or money.
Here are some tips and best practices on how to get high-quality backlinks for your website:
– Create valuable and engaging content that attracts and educates your audience. Content is the foundation of any link-building strategy. If you create content that provides value to your audience, solves their problems, answers their questions, or entertains them, you will naturally attract backlinks from other websites that want to share your content with their readers.
– Guest posts on relevant and authoritative websites in your niche. Guest posting is one of the most popular and effective ways to get high-quality backlinks for your website. Guest posting involves writing an article for another website in exchange for a link back to your website. Guest posting can help you showcase your expertise, reach a new audience, build relationships with other influencers in your niche, and get high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites.
– Use niche edits to insert links into existing articles on relevant websites. Niche edits are another popular and effective way to get high-quality backlinks for your website. Niche edits involve contacting website owners or editors and asking them to insert a link to your website into an existing article on their website. Niche edits can help you get contextual and relevant backlinks from websites that already have authority and traffic in your niche.
– Use outreach to build relationships with other website owners and bloggers in your niche. Outreach is the process of contacting other website owners and bloggers in your niche and asking them to link to your website or content. Outreach can help you get high-quality backlinks from websites that are relevant and trusted by your audience. However, outreach requires a lot of research, personalization, and follow-up to be successful.
– Use directories to list your website on relevant online platforms. Directories are online platforms that categorize and list websites based on their niche, location, or industry. Directories can help you get high-quality backlinks from websites that are relevant and authoritative in your niche. However, directories can also be spammy and low-quality, so you need to be careful and selective when choosing which directories to submit your website to.
Focusing on Quality Over Quantity
As the Fatrank survey reiterates, quality over quantity matters when buying backlinks.
- Carefully assess domain authority, relevance, content quality
- Avoid low-quality PBNs and spammy links
- Slow and steady link-building brings sustainable results
Brands need an effective link-building strategy combining guest posts, niche edits, tiered links, and other tactics. This backlink costs survey by Fatrank provides an excellent benchmark to plan your efforts.
Backlinks are one of the most important factors for ranking your website on search engines. However, getting high-quality backlinks for your website can be challenging and expensive. That’s why it’s important to know the average costs of different types of backlinks in the SEO industry, and how to get high-quality backlinks for your website without overspending.
The backlink costs survey by Fatrank is a valuable resource that can help you understand the link-building market and plan your link-building budget and strategy accordingly. The survey reveals the average costs, popularity, and effectiveness of different types of backlinks in the SEO industry, as well as some tips and best practices on how to get high-quality backlinks for your website.